Configure attendance within the Parent Portal so that the correct number of attendance sessions and appropriate attendance codes are displayed.
- Log in to your Firefly site as a Firefly Administrator and open the Control Panel.
- Select Plugin Configuration, then choose Configuration for Attendance Profile Plugin.
- Select General.
- Tick Enable Parent Portal Attendance.
- CLOUD SCHOOLS If you're a cloud school, attendance will have been configured by your school's IT manager when setting up the Parent Portal, so you won't see a drop-down and can move on to step 5. LOCAL SCHOOLS Select the attendance method you wish to use:
- If you want to display AM and PM session attendance, choose yourMIS-session.
If you want to display lesson by lesson attendance, choose yourMIS-lesson.
- Configure the codes that are used within your MIS for attendance. Enter your attendance codes for Present, Late, Absent: Authorised, and Absent: Unauthorised. These categories will already show default values which you can add to by putting a comma followed by the value you wish to show within the category.
- To enable a custom date range for the attendance report displayed on the profile of students who are members of a specific group, select Configuration.
- Select Add new override.
- Choose a group of students for the override to apply to, such as international classes who might have a different calendar year than other students.
- Select a start and end date for the override.
- Select Plugin Configuration to save your configuration.
- Browse to a student's profile to see the attendance data.