Create news stories for your information bulletins, organise them into news categories and use news feeds to display them.
Creating a news story
- Select Create.
- Enter a page title.
- Select More Templates...
- Choose News Story, then select Done.
- Select Done. Your news story is created as a draft.
- Write your news story. You can add all the usual Firefly page content.
- Select the arrow next to Publish, then choose More page options.
- OPTIONAL In the Description tab, write a summary (abstract) for your story and add an image to illustrate it. These can then be displayed in your news feed.
Select the News Story tab, then choose a news category and select Change Page. Then select Publish.If there's no appropriate news category listed, you can create a new one via the Control Panel. This requires administrator rights.
Your news story is published.
Creating a news feed
- Go to the page you'd like to display your news category on.
- Select Edit Page.
- Select More... > News Feed.
- Tick News stories from this site, then choose a category from the drop-down. You can also customise the display style, number of items to display and information shown.
- Select Done.
- Select Publish or Done for your changes to go live.
The news feed is added to your page and will be automatically updated whenever a news story is added to that news category.