Create a news category to organise your internal news stories with.
- Go to the section you want your news category to belong to.
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the Structure tab, select Create news category.
- Enter a name in the Title box.
- OPTIONAL Change the visibility settings:
- Summarise group: the users allowed to add a summary of this category to a page (or several pages). Inherit means that the group(s) is/are the same as the parent section's Write group(s).
- Post group: the users allowed to add stories to this news category. Inherit means that the group(s) is/are the same as defined for the parent group.
- Select Create News Category.
- Open the page you want to display your news category on.
- Select Edit, then in the editor toolbar choose More... > News Feed.
- Choose News stories from this site, then select the category from the drop-down. You can also customise the display style, number of items to display and information shown.
- To save your changes, select Done.
The news feed is added to your page and will be automatically updated whenever a news story is added to that news category.
Once you've set up your news category, you're ready to create and add news stories to it.