Personal sections is a site-wide setting that can be enabled or disabled by the site administrator.
Enabling personal sections
- In the Control Panel, select Enable personal sections.
- Select the groups you want to enable this setting for, then choose Enable personal sections.
Personal pages and blogs are now enabled for all users you selected. In this example, they've been enabled for all users across the site. They will be created when a user accesses their personal section.
Disabling personal sections
Disabling personal sections means that all of the content (pages or blog posts) in those sections will be deleted. Please use with caution.
- In the Control Panel, select Disable personal sections.
- Type CONFIRM (in capitals), then select Disable personal sections.
All users' personal sections are deleted.
- In the Control Panel, select Modify personal sections.
- Select the X next to the user whose personal section you wish to disable. If you don't see any users listed, then there are no existing personal sections.
- Type CONFIRM (in capitals), then select Delete Section.
The user's personal section (and all its content) is deleted.