Add a new site, modify this site or delete it.
This will create a new site. You can run several Firefly sites from one installation at no extra cost. The settings available are identical to those under Modify this site.
Modify this site
- Enter the site's title and select a theme from the drop-down.
- AUP Page ID applies if the site has an Acceptable Use Policy which must be electronically "signed" before the user can access its content. The AUP page number is entered into the box alongside. Leave the field blank otherwise.
- Set the search to Search all default sites or Search this site only. This determines the default search behaviour and whether or not the site is included in a "default sites" search.
- Enable dashboards and set the dashboard as the default home page when a user logs on. The default is for both settings to be selected and this is highly recommended.
- Create multiple dashboards. When configuring the Parent Portal, you'll need to create a parent dashboard which will give the ability to display a different set of information than would appear to students.
- You can associate each dashboard with a group so that each user is presented with the correct dashboard when they log in.
- Domain name: Enter the primary domain name at which this site should be accessed. You'll also need to configure your DNS and IIS server to point to Firefly for this domain.
Redirect to HTTPS: Determine if and when Firefly should redirect to HTTPS. For all requests ensures that Firefly is only accessible via HTTPS and that all HTTP links are redirected to HTTPS. This means that all links to recommended bookmarks will be HTTPS only too.
Please note that if you enable HTTPS for all requests, HTTP embeds that worked previously may display an error message instead.
Domain aliases: You can add secondary domain names that will also point to this site.
Only locally hosted schools can add domain aliases themselves. If you're a cloud school, please get in touch with us.
Control which users can read pages on the site and which can write pages throughout the site. You can also configure which users can leave comments on pages on the site and which can leave moderated comments.
Configure the different types of authentication supported by Firefly:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Firefly users
- Office 365
- Parent Portal (SIMS or similar)
You can also set the descriptions that appear for the user when accessing these methods.
Self explanatory! You're asked to confirm that you wish to delete the site by entering
CONFIRM into the appropriate box first. This is to avoid accidental deletion.