There may be times where teachers cannot login to Firefly after activating their cloud account. In these situations, you can quickly reset their password to something you can manually set.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select the Users tab.
- Choose Reset password(s).
- Start typing in the name of the user or group in the pop up bar, then select the desired username from the drop-down options. Add one user at a time to avoid unintended results.
- Reset their password:
- If you want Firefly to generate a password for you, select All the passwords will be immediately reset to random values and each user will be emailed a prompt to choose a new password.
- If you want to choose a password for that user, choose Reset users or groups and manually distribute passwords. You will be prompted to download a CSV file of the new passwords. Then, select Add a manual password override and enter a password for the user.
Add a password of your choice following the rules.Teachers will be able to change their password, so it's best to keep the password generic at this point.
- Select Password Reset to complete the process.
Wait 30 seconds before inviting the teacher to log in again.