We’ve seen more and more teachers turning to video conferencing tools to keep in touch with their classes and to deliver lessons.Our new integration with Microsoft Teams Meetings will help teachers bring bring the two together seamlessly.
Teachers can now prepare their content within Firefly and add a Teams meeting for their class directly within the Firefly page. This will make it quicker and easier for teachers to create a Teams meeting and share the link with their students all from within a Firefly page.
- To create a Teams Meeting from within Firefly, click on Edit Page to open the editing tool bar.
- From the toolbar, select More and then click on the Teams Meeting option.
- The first time you use this feature, you will be asked to log in to your Microsoft Account.
- Once you have done this, you will be given options to add:
- The lesson name
- Start time
- End time
- Once you are ready click on Add Link to Lesson to embed a link to your meeting within the page.
To ensure students join as attendees rather than presenters, it may be necessary to adjust your school's Teams Meetings policies. Further support and guidance for Network Managers and IT administrators can be found on the Microsoft Help Site.
Note: Please be aware that Microsoft ensure that MS Teams Meetings remain "live" for 60 days after the scheduled end date. To prevent students and other users making use of a meeting once you have finished we would recommend removing the link from the page or task.