Create news stories for your information bulletins, organise them into news categories and use news feeds to display them.
Creating a news story
- Select Create.
- Enter a page title.
- Select More Templates...
- Choose News Story, then select Done.
- Select Done. Your news story is created as a draft.
- Write your news story. You can add all the usual Firefly page content.
- Select the arrow next to Publish, then choose More page options.
- OPTIONAL In the Description tab, write a summary (abstract) for your story and add an image to illustrate it. These can then be displayed in your news feed.
Select the News Story tab, then choose a news category and select Change Page. Then select Publish.If there's no appropriate news category listed, you can create a new one via the Control Panel. This requires administrator rights.
Your news story is published.
Creating a news feed
- Go to the page you'd like to display your news category on.
- Select Edit Page.
- Select More... > News Feed.
Tick News stories from this site, then choose a category from the drop-down. You can also customise the display style, number of items to display and information shown.
Up to 30 news stories will be shown if you select the Blog or Visual Blog display style. If you plan on having more than 30 stories, choose Normal or Ticker.
- Select Done.
- Select Publish or Done for your changes to go live.
The news feed is added to your page and will be automatically updated whenever a news story is added to that news category.