How to install the Firefly on Teams appsThe information on this page outlines the process of installing the Firefly Curriculum and Firefly Seating Plan apps into your Microsoft Teams instance.
Step 1: Enable Custom Apps within Teams
- Open the following URL in a web browser: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/app-setup/add
- Log in as an administrator
- Ensure the Upload custom apps toggle switch is ON
Step 2: Add the apps to your tenant
- Open the following URL in a web browser: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/manage-apps
- Select Upload
- Click on Select a File
- To install Firefly Curriculum: select the supplied FireflyCurriculum.zip file which can be found at the bottom of this page.
To install Firefly Seating Plan: select the FireflySeatingPlan.zip which can be found at the bottom of this page
Congratulations! Both apps are now present within your Microsoft Teams tenant.
Step 3: Grant the apps permissions
- As a global administrator open Manage apps
- In the list of apps, find the app you want to install (Firefly Curriculum or Firefly Seating Plan)
- Open the app details by selecting the app name (you can do this by clicking on the name itself, in the name column, as opposed to just clicking on the row in the table).
- Select the Permissions tab
Once you are within Permissions, select Review permissions and consent under Org-wide permissions and select Accept. Then repeat these steps for the Seating Plan app.
Step 4: Add an App to a Team
- Open a Team to which you would like to add the app
- Click on the + icon from Team view
- Select the Firefly Curriculum app (or Firefly Seating Plan)
- Follow the prompts to complete the app configuration