If you're moving your MIS database to a different instance of SQL Server on a different machine or virtual machine, you'll need to create a new SQL user for the instance you've migrated to.
Firefly will not pull through your MIS classes, sets, forms and timetables otherwise.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
Select Security, then right-click on Logins and choose New Login.Remember to call it something other than the original User ID. Use a name that can be easily associated with Firefly, e.g. FireflyRead.
- Create a new password (without any special characters). You can use this site to create a strong password.
- Untick Enforce password policy.
- Select User Mapping from the left menu, then choose the correct database.
- Tick db_datareader under Database role membership. The user will only be used to query your MIS database so it won't need any write roles.
- Select OK to confirm.
- Check that your changes are displayed in the Logins subsection of SQL server and under Security > Users.
- Find and open SQLKeyring.config in Notepad or similar. You will find in the Cloud Uploader folder (
FireflyCloudUploader\Plugins\SQLKeyringPluginon the MIS server).
- Edit the connection string to reflect this new user's ID and password. You'll also need to change the server part to match the new server machine's name.