Learn the best way to prepare Engage before integrating with Firefly.
Preparing email addresses
Every person needs an email address in Engage to sign in with Firefly.
- Ensure every teacher has an email address indicated in their profile. To check this, in Engage Unite, go to Staff > Contact Information > Emails. The email address needs to have Primary Email selected. If more than one email address is selected as the primary, the first alphabetical email address will be pulled into Firefly.
- Check that students have an email address in Engage. To check this, in Engage on the web, go to Students > Pupil Details.
- Add parent email addresses. For a parent to come through in Parent Portal, they must have a distinct email address in the Contact section. To check this, in Engage Unite, go to Contacts > Manage Contacts > Email. The email address needs to have Primary Email selected. If more than one email address is selected as the primary, the first alphabetical email address will be pulled into Firefly. If you have teachers that are also parents, the email address in their contact section must be different from their teacher user account email.
Mark staff as teachers
Make sure staff are correctly marked as teachers in Firefly.
- In Engage Unite, select Staff.
- On the staff screen, review the Is Teacher column. Ensure that staff members who are a teacher are correctly marked.
Once the integration is working, you can add another line in
sqlkeyring.config to enable custom groups.
Below the last
<include file=... and above
</database>, add the following line: